Vita Biosa10+ is a unique probiotic beverage made by fermenting organic sugarcane molasses infused with a specialized herbal tea.
These ingredients undergo a hand-crafted triple fermentation process that creates a light amber coloured drink with these properties
- 10 complementary probiotic strains that work together harmoniously
- a broad-spectrum of species including Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium
- active aerobic and anaerobic bacterial cultures
- naturally preserved due to a low pH level
- living product resulting in minor taste variations from batch to batch
With every 2 tablespoons of Vita Biosa10+, you get over 6 billion bioavailable CFUs of:
- Bifidobacterium animalis,
- Bifidobacterium lactis,
- Bifidobacterium longum,
- Lactobacillus acidophilus,
- Lactobacillus casei,
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus,
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis,
- Lactococcus lactis subs. lactis biovar. diacetylactis,
- Leuconostoc pseudomesenteroides,
- Streptococcus thermophilus
While we don’t list the list the exact strains (we want to keep a part of our beautiful recipe secret) we can tell you where they come from. Almost all the top probiotics brands on the market source their bacteria from only a handful of labs, us included. Specifically, we source our helpful microbes from Europe:
As the triple-fermentation of Vita Biosa 10+ occurs over the course of about one month, the bacteria consume virtually all the food we give them. This means that in the final fermented product there are only very trace amounts of these 19 beneficial herbs:
- Angelica (angelica archangelica),
- Anise (pimpinella anisum),
- Basil (ocimum basilicum),
- Chamomile (matricaria recutita),
- Chervil (anthriscus cerefolium),
- Dill (anethum graveolens),
- Elderberry (sambucus nigra),
- Fennel (foeniculum vulgare),
- Fenugreek (trigonella foenum-graecum),
- Ginger Root (zingiber officinale),
- Juniper (juniperus communis),
- Liquorice Root (glycyrrhiza glabra),
- Nettle (urtica dioica),
- Oregano (origanum vulgare),
- Parsley (petroselinum crispum),
- Peppermint (mentha piperita),
- Rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis),
- Sage (salvia officinalis),
- Thyme (thymus vulgaris)
What’s Not In Vita Biosa 10+
Despite being made from molasses (mixed with a lot of water, mind you) the triple-fermentation process actually converts almost all the sugars so that the final drink has 0 g (zero grams) of sugar per serving. So what’s great is that when you drink Vita Biosa 10+, you get a whole lot (6 billion CFU) of probiotic bacteria and essentially nothing else. That means that this artisan probiotic beverage is vegan (meaning also free from dairy and eggs) and gluten and soy free.
Also, unlike pills and powders, there’s no need for a protective coating for Vita Biosa 10+ to reach your intestines, ready for action. Because the pH level is already similar to your stomach acid’s, our microbes don’t go through a “shock” and are able to cope with the harsh environment of your gastrointestinal tract.
Why These Ingredients?
These Probiotic Strains were chosen carefully and gradually over 15 years of in-field experience combined with in-lab analysis.
It wasn’t enough for us to simply say “Acidophilus is probiotic so let’s pick a strain and put it in our drink.” Instead, we had to consider what other subspecies of good gut bacteria were commonly found in healthy animals (people included) and which specific strains would work best together. Answering this second question is part of the necessary magic to be considered one of the quality probiotic brands available on the market.
It took us many years to choose the bacterial strains through a lot of trial and error – which means love and patience. Fortunately, because we started off as probiotics pioneers in agriculture working with pigs and dairy cows, we had lots of “data points” gathered while having the privilege to help these animals become much healthier by balancing their microflora.
Once we chose which bacteria, we had to figure out how to combine them so they would properly ferment a food-source and proliferate themselves to maximize the benefit to your GI tract. Read more about this in our How’s Vita Biosa 10+ Made article.
You see, it wasn’t enough for us to simply choose probiotic strains and them smash them together in a pill or mix them in powder form. We understand that bacteria are alive and we should treat them with respect. Also, as a liquid food product with a natural pH similar to that of your stomach and intestines, we believe that Vita Biosa 10+ is uniquely designed for maximum bioavailability once consumed.
So suffice to say, there’s been a lot of thought put into Vita Biosa 10+ and experience that goes beyond the limited walls of a lab. We believe these years of applied research have helped us develop a superior quality product.